Saturday, March 30, 2013

Dark Night


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/033013.cfm) reminds me that no matter how dark the night may seem, the sun will eventually come out.

Today, the readings are for the Easter Vigil. Probably the longest, if not the longest readings for the mass. We keep vigil and wait for Sunday, for Easter, for the time we commemorate Christ’s rising from the dead, victory over sin and death.

But before the reach the light, we should first pass through darkness.

We could just imagine how the disciples were feeling during this time. Jesus is dead. Their teacher, leader, master for three years is dead. They probably do not know what to do. They have been following him and are now like lost sheep. Not only that, they are probably scared that they would also be arrested and killed. How terrifying it must have been for everyone during that time, not knowing what to do, not knowing what will happen.

We also find ourselves in a similar situation, some more often than others.

There are times we do not know what the future holds. We are scared of what will happen next. We feel lost, helpless and hopeless. Times like these, let us hold on to our faith. We may not know what’s next, but let us cling on to God’s word that he has great plans for us. May his resurrection be an inspiration and a source of strength for us to keep fighting, to remain in Him until the sun’s light washes away the darkness around us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me that in life, there will always be dark nights. Thank you for reminding me that I am not alone in the darkness or loneliness I feel. Thank you for reminding me that even your disciples and the people closest to you experienced the same. As I am reminded of this, may I draw strength and inspiration from them, and may I always remember your word that says you have great plans for me. Lord, may I be steadfast in loving and serving you while I await for the sun’s rays to cast away the darkness around me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...