Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Who Can Stand Against?


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/032713.cfm) reminds me that nothing can stand against God

One of my favourite songs is “Our God”, and a part of the lyrics says:

“.. and if Our God is for us,
then who could ever stop us?
And if our God is for us,
then what can stand against..?”

The first reading tells us this as well.

He is near who upholds my right;
if anyone wishes to oppose me,
let us appear together.
Who disputes my right?
Let him confront me.
See, the Lord GOD is my help;
who will prove me wrong?

If God is for us, nothing can stand against us. It doesn’t mean we’ll have it easy. In fact, as followers of Christ, we will experience difficulties and challenges in life. However, we should remember that nothing can stand against us if God is with us. Nothing can stand against God, so we just need to hold on to him and have faith in him and his love and power.

This holy week, we are reminded of that fact. Yes, Christ was scared and at one point asked if he can be spared his cross. But he continued to trust in God, and out of that trust and love for God, he submitted himself. He suffered, yes – big time. He died. But as true as nothing can stand against God, even death and evil, Christ rose again and has forever won victory for us.

May we remember that no matter how difficult or challenging the situation may be, no matter how powerful the enemy may be, as long as God is with us, nothing can stand against us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me your great love and power. Lord, I pray that I continue to have that faith in you, your love and your power, that despite everything that I am experiencing, every challenge and difficulty, may I always remember that as long as you are with me, nothing can stand against us. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...