Sunday, March 24, 2013

Empty



The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/032413.cfm) reminds me how necessary it is to be empty to be filled again.

Today’s gospel is probably the longest we hear on Sunday masses. It tells the story of Christ’s passion. There is a lot we can learn from this. A lot of realizations from the different situations that happened. But what struck me was how Jesus surrendered and emptied himself as he submitted to God’s will. This enabled God to fulfil his plan. This shows how God the Father loves us, how God the Son gave up his earthly life to save us, inspired by God the Holy Spirit.

I attended a prayer meeting last Friday, led by two great friends – two people I really look up to. They wanted to drive two points – God loves us and God saved us.

No doubt, God loves us. He sent his only son to be one of us in all aspects except sin. Jesus loves us so much that he was willing to be separated to the Father when he bore our sins – thus he uttered the words “My God, My God, why have you abandoned me?”, because right at that moment, he bore all our sins to save us, and because God and sin cannot exist together, he was separated from God who he has been with for all eternity.

Because of this, we are saved. He died to save us from sin and death. He died to give us new life. He died so he can carry our sins and intercede for us to the Father. No matter how grave, or how simple, our sins may be… Christ saved us.

Let us remember how powerful and filling emptying ourselves is. God’s plan was accomplished because Christ empties himself and surrendered to God’s will. In the same way, God has great plans for us as well. And like with Jesus, the only way it can be accomplished is if we empty our self and allow God to fill us up and use us for his purpose, no matter how difficult and painful it may be on our end.


Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for sending your only son Jesus to become one with us in all aspects except sin. Thank you for giving us an inspiration, that even your Son did not have it easy, yet was obedient to you to the point of death. Lord, may I be like Jesus who was willing to empty himself and allow you to use me. May I empty myself of my own wants, desires and plans, and allow you to use me to accomplish your plan, even if it means that I would suffer and have a hard time. I just trust that your plans will be well worth the pain of dying to myself and emptying myself. Amen.


Blessed Sunday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...