Friday, March 15, 2013

Not Yet Time


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/031513.cfm) reminds me that we cannot do anything if it is not yet God’s time

An excerpt of the gospel tells us…

So they tried to arrest him,
but no one laid a hand upon him,
because his hour had not yet come

Sometimes we want things to happen our time, not God’s. Sometimes we are anxious on what the future brings. Today’s word reminds us to be still and trust in God. Nothing will happen that is not according to his will, to his time. There is nothing we can do, both to force it and to stop it from happening.

May we have faith in God’s plans, and have peace in our hearts and patiently wait for his time to come.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me that nothing can go against your plan, that nothing can force your time. Lord, give me a heart that trusts in you and your great plans for me. I also pray for patience to wait for your great plan to come to my life. May I be patient in waiting, may I have peace while waiting, and may I continue to serve you while I’m waiting. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...