Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Silence is Not Always Absence


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/031313.cfm) reminds me that God’s silence does not always mean his absence.

In the movie “Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close” (See http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0477302/) we can see how a mother loves. She does things even if the son do not show his appreciation to her. She does things even if her relationship with her son is challenging. She does things even without her son knowing it. She does things for her son even if the son do not notice it, and she does not tell it to the son, because she does things out of love for her son, even if it goes unnoticed.

Good news! God loves us more than our own mother.

We may sometimes feel God’s absence in our lives – like the son in the movie who felt the mother do not know what he is doing, who felt the mother do not care for him.. only to find out the exact opposite. The mother knows exactly what he is doing, and is one step ahead of him, even if he do not know it. God knows exactly what we are doing and is one step ahead of us, preparing the way for us, taking care of us, even if we do not feel his presence.

But Zion said, “The LORD has forsaken me;
my Lord has forgotten me.”
Can a mother forget her infant,
be without tenderness for the child of her womb?
Even should she forget,
I will never forget you

May we take comfort in God’s word. No matter what we may think or feel, God will not abandon us!

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for my parents. Lord, thank you for making them representations of your love for me. I thank you for they always seek what’s best for us. Thank you that conflicts do not diminish their love for us. Thank you that they always do things for us, even without us knowing it, even without us appreciating it. Lord, I ask that you help me reciprocate the love my parents give to me. Help me love and respect them always. And I also ask you Lord to always remind me that your love for me is more than the love of my parents to me. May I always take comfort in that, and may I always remember that your silence in my life does not mean your absence in it. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...