Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Keep Straight


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/031213.cfm) reminds me to keep walking in the right path.

Quitting smoking is very difficult for most people. Others seem successful at first, avoiding cigarette and the smell of it. However, one stressful moment or one irresistible situation is what it takes for one to try smoking again. And most often than not, these people end up smoking more than they were before they stopped. This is true as well for people who tried dieting. There are some diet wherein you follow a certain lifestyle, and people lose a lot of weight. But when they stop this, they end up gaining more than their initial weight.

The gospel today reminds us of a similar thing.

Look, you are well; do not sin any more,
so that nothing worse may happen to you

In another parable, Jesus tells us a similar story.

“Then the spirit finds seven other spirits more evil than itself, and they all enter the person and live there. And so that person is worse off than before. That will be the experience of this evil generation." (MT 12:45)

When Christ heals us, we are healed. But it doesn’t mean we should be complacent. It doesn’t mean we can do anything alerady. We should live a life consistent with his teaching all the time. We should walk the straight path all the time, lest we fall and go back worse than our original situation.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for your love and your power that sets me free. I praise and thank you that your power knows no boundaries, that nothing is too big or impossible for you. Lord, I ask that you help me live a life consistent with your ways. Help me walk in the right path all the time. May I never be too complacent as I live my life. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...