Saturday, March 23, 2013

Just Call My Name…


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/032213.cfm) reminds me that God will always be there for us

One of the more popular songs of the group Jackson 5 is “I’ll be there”  and part of the lyrics of the song says “Just call my name, and I’ll be there.” This may not be written as a love songs for God, or a love song from God, but the song reminds me of how God is with us.

In the first reading, we see how faithful Jeremiah is. He knows God will take care of him and that God will never abandon him. We see the psalmist echo this when he says “In my distress I called upon the Lord, and he heard my voice

God always hears us. He may not answer the way we want him to, or he may not answer at once, but we can be sure that he hears us, and he will always be there for us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me that you always hear my prayer, that you will always be there. Lord, forgive me for being impatient when things doesn’t go my way. Forgive me for the times I doubt your love and your power because you don’t answer me the way I want you to. Give me the faith like Jeremiah and your Son Jesus who always trusts in you, amidst all the challenges life may bring before them. Amen..

God bless!

In Christ,
-g-


No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...