Monday, April 1, 2013

Alive in You?


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/040113.cfm) challenges me to look if Christ is alive in me.

Yesterday, we celebrated Easter. We commemorated Christ’s rising from the dead. In the gospel today, we see another account of it, and we see Jesus showing himself to Mary Magdalene and the other Mary. Indeed, people experienced him being alive again, both in spirit and body.

We are asked to think – is Christ alive in you as well? Do other people see Christ in the way we live?

In the first reading, Peter definitely makes Christ known. Christ is alive in him as he preaches to others. How about us?

We say we are followers of Christ. We celebrated Easter. We are happy and glad. But does that translate into action? Do our happiness end with ourselves being happy, or do we spread this happiness to others? Do other people see Christ alive in us and in the way we live our lives, or not?

May we be challenged to not only be happy with Christ’s resurrection, but more importantly, live our lives making Christ alive in and through us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for rising for me. Lord, as I start yet another work week, I ask that you help me live my life for you, help me to live my life making you alive in this world. Unworthy as I am, help me live my life in such a way that others will see you alive in and through me. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...