Tuesday, April 2, 2013

It’s Personal


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/040213.cfm) reminds me that God is a personal God.

In the gospel, we see Mary Magdalene weeping outside the tomb. The body of Jesus is missing. She saw Jesus but did not realize it was him, and he even thought he was a gardener that took Jesus’ body away. She only recognized him when he called her by name. “Mary.” Jesus did not introduce himself, nor did he say something else. He just called her by name and she recognized it was Jesus.

Our God is a personal God. He knows our name and calls each and every one of us by name.

It is easy for God to call us. However, it does not necessarily mean it is easy for us to recognize his voice.

I think Mary recognized Jesus when he called her because she was close to Jesus. This is important for us to recognize God calling our name. it will be easier for us to recognize him if we know him, if we have a good and intimate relationship with Him. And we can have a good and intimate relationship with him if we work on it – if we devote proper time and effort into praying, bible reading and the sacraments.

Do I realize that God is a personal God who knows me and calls me by name? Do I realize I am special to him? Do I make the effort to build a good relationship with him so I can recognize him when he calls me?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for knowing and calling me by name. thank you that you see me as someone special and worth loving, worth dying for. Lord, I pray that I may have the heart, the desire, and the will to know you more, to love you more, and to serve you more… as I know these things will help me recognize your voice more clearly when you call me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...