Saturday, April 6, 2013

Untiring


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/040613.cfm) reminds me that God is untiring in his love and concern for us.

The gospel shows us Jesus appearing a lot of times to his disciples and friends after he was risen. He did not take his sweet time and rejoiced on his victory over death, rather he went straight back to work and appeared to his friends and continued to minister and teach them. God is really untiring in his love and concern for us.

As human beings, it is not easy to be untiring in anything. After a certain number of times of trying or after a certain length of period of doing something, we get tired. We lose hope. We give up. We lose faith. It is normal for us, but it is good to know that with God, this is not the case. It is refreshing to know that God is and will always be untiring in his manifestation of his love, in his sending his blessings, in his protection over us – even if we do not recognize or appreciate them.

May we find joy in God’s untiring manifestation of his love and concern for us, and do our part to be untiring in spreading his kingdom here on earth.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me how untiring you are. Lord, I am sorry for the times I give up on you, I give up on my faith, I give up on people. Lord, I ask that you always remind me how untiring you are with me, and may it remind me to be untiring in my service for you, through others. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...