Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Can’t Stop Him



The WORD today (seehttp://usccb.org/bible/readings/042313.cfm) reminds me that nothing can stop God.

In the first reading, we see what happened after Stephen was martyred. People were scattered. Probably the devil was thinking that he won, that the people would now be afraid and Christ’s kingdom would not be proclaimed. However, the opposite of this happened. Instead of being afraid, they proclaimed that kingdom of God and it was in Antioch that they were called Christians.

Good News! Nothing can stop God’s plan!

What the devil has intended for evil can be turned by God into something good.

In our lives, we experience things like these. We sometimes feel afraid or worried about things. We feel that we are helpless and cannot do anything about a certain situation. We are reminded that God is in control and that no one can stop him from fulfilling his great plans for us. The enemy may try to distract us, to dishearten us or derail us, but we should remember that there is nothing the devil can do that will prevent God from making his plans come true, from spreading his kingdom on earth. Let us continue to allow God to use us to spread his love and goodness on earth.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for being present in my relationship with friends. Thank you for not allowing differences in opinion affect good relationships founded on you. Lord, I thank you also for being my God. I am blessed to be serving a powerful God that nothing can go against. Lord, I pray that as I experience challenges in my life, I always remember that nothing can stand against you, and I just have to focus on you and keep my faith in you, knowing that in due time, things will be better. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-




No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...