Monday, April 15, 2013

Calm in the Storm



The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/041513.cfm) reminds me to be calm amidst all the storms and challenges in life.

My friend sent me a very timely message for today. “Don’t panic. I’m with you. There’s no need to fear, for I’m your God. I’ll give you strength. I’ll help you. I, your God, have a firm grip on you and I’m not letting go.” (Based from Isaiah 41:10,13(http://usccb.org/bible/nab/isaiah/41:10)

Today, we see St Stephen emulate that verse. When he was brought to the Sanhedrin and false witnesses testified against him, he did not panic. He did not defend himself. He was calm and at peace. His face shone like an angel – signifying inner peace and trust in God.

How great it would be to be like that. It must be so cool to have that inner peace that no matter what happens, God is still in control. It must be great to have that intimate relationship with God, having faith that no matter what lies other people say about you, or how helpless you may seem, God will not abandon you and will always, always take care of you.

In times of storm and challenges in life, may we be inspired by St Stephen. May we be inspired by Jesus, who when he was sleeping on the boat and the storm came, he did not panic and let the storm affect him, but instead, calmed the storm. God can calm the storm in our lives. May we live our lives at peace and with calmness in our hearts. May Christ in us calm the storm and not let it affect us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the storms and challenges in my life that enables me to strengthen my faith, that enables me to magnify you in my life. Lord, I pray that I be like St Stephen in the first reading, whose calmness and faith in you was made evident by his appearance. May other people see you in me, especially in the storms and challenges in life. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...