Thursday, April 25, 2013

Evangelist in Me



The WORD today (seehttp://usccb.org/bible/readings/042513.cfm) reminds me that we are called to be evangelists in our own little or big way

As we celebrate the feast of St Mark, we too are encouraged to be an evangelist and bring the good news to others. God asks us to do that, and he tells us that he will be with us as we do so.

Our community will be having the Singles Encounter Weekend starting tomorrow night, and I feel that God is personally reminding us through his word. We are given an opportunity to evangelize this weekend. We are given to proclaim God’s goodness and praise his name. We are given an opportunity to be Christ to others.

However, our call to be evangelists are not limited to such religious activities. In our day to day lives, in our dealings with people at work, in school and in our family, we are called to be evangelists as well. Proclaiming God’s greatness and goodness does not come only on retreats, but everyday of our lives. The way we live our lives is a testament of how great God is, and it is the most powerful testimony of our faith.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for people like St Mark who tirelessly worked for your kingdom – to build your kingdom on earth and to proclaim it. Lord, I ask that you help me proclaim your kingdom in my life. Help me build your kingdom, not mine, and in the way  I live my life, may other people see how great and loving you are, and may it bring them to you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...