Thursday, April 25, 2013

Power of the Name

The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/042713.cfm) reminds me how powerful Jesus name is.

And whatever you ask in my name, I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask anything of me in my name, I will do it

In life, connections are important. In school, work, business and anywhere, knowing someone powerful gives you an advantage already. This is what Jesus is giving us.

We are CHRISTIANS. Without CHRIST, I Am Nothing. We cannot do anything on our own, so Jesus gave us the authority to work for his name.

The disciples were able to heal the sick, brought dead back to life, expel demons and work miracles all in the name of Jesus. Thats how powerful his name is.

But it will only be powerful if we do things for Him. If we do things to glorify him, not ourselves. God knows what is in our hearts, and he will give us whatever we ask in his name as long as we do it to glorify him and as long as it is consistent with his plans for us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for your powerful name that we can use. Lord, i pray that we always remember how much you love us and how much power there is in your name. May we always depend on you and remember that as long as we ask in your name and for your glory, it will be given. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...