Wednesday, April 24, 2013

On Our Own



The WORD today (seehttp://usccb.org/bible/readings/042413.cfm) reminds me that no one is responsible for our condemnation but ourselves.

In the gospel, Jesus says that he did not come into this world to condemn it. God is love, and out of that love, he sent his only Son to die for us to save us from our sins. There is no hatred or judgement or condemnation in that. So we should not think Christ came to condemn and judge us.

Good news – God is not keen on punishing and judging us. We bring judgement upon ourselves. We choose how we want to be judged.

Whoever rejects me and does not accept my words
has something to judge him: the word that I spoke,
it will condemn him on the last day

We choose how we live our lives. We choose who we follow and obey. We choose our priorities in life. We choose who we surrender our life to. We choose our destiny with the way we live our lives – if we want to be with God and live our life on earth preparing for it, or if we want to have things our way and not his, and live our lives on earth as kings of our lives.

God loves us – and he loves us so much that he gave us free will to choose the way we want to live our lives. May we always remember to choose him, and that our actions will ultimately judge us when he comes.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for reminding me how much you love me. Lord, I pray that as I live my life, I always choose you. May I live my life in honor and glory of you, so that when you come to judge us, my actions and my life would tell you that I love you and I want to be with you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...