Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Love in the Face of Death



The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/041613.cfm) inspires me to fill my life with Christ’s love.

The first reading today is a continuation of yesterday’s, and here we see what happened to Stephen. In front of people who were against him, Stephen did not keep quiet and instead, testified on his faith. He was strong and held on to his faith, despite being surrounded by unbelievers and enemies. And when he was being stoned to death, just before he breathed his last, we see how peaceful and loving he was.

Lord, do not hold this against them

Inspite of the people killing him, he did not get angry with them, and even prayed to God not to hold it against the people. Very similar to Jesus praying just before he died “Father, forgive them for they do not know what they are doing.” This shows how much peace and love there is in their hearts. We see the genuine peace and love, that even in the last moments in this life, Stephen and Jesus radiated that peace and that love only God can give

May we also fill our lives with God’s peace and love, so that whatever we do, whatever situation we may be in, that peace and love may radiate in our lives.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for St Stephen, our first Martyr, who died peaefuly and full of love. I pray that I may fill my life with your love. May I work to build my faith and strengthen my relationship with you, so that whatever situation I may be in, I may always radiate your authentic peace and love in my life. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...