Thursday, April 11, 2013

Eternal Life


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/041113.cfm) reminds me that God gives eternal life.

What is eternal life? Is it immortality where you will not die?

Probably not.

I believe eternal life is living after this life on earth.

The world, and everything on it, including our lives, is temporary. It will all pass away. That is why God wants to give us something eternal.

Only God, the creator of everything, can give us eternal life.

If we believe in God, if we follow him and if we come to Him, he will give us eternal life. This does not mean we will not die or we will have an easy life on earth. It means that as we follow him, we will slowly be transformed to give more importance to the life after this world. As we life our lives like this, we will be preparing to have eternal life.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for loving me. Lord, I ask that I always remember that there is life after this one on earth. May I always come to you and live my life for you, having faith that as I do so, you will transform me and work in me to hive me eternal life. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...