Monday, April 22, 2013

The Voice


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/042113.cfm) reminds me how important it is to know and recognize God's voice.

I have been watching the latest season of 'The Voice' where the elimination round goes with the coaches being turned away from the artists, and when they like what they hear from the artist, they are turned around, see the artist, and signify that they want the artist on their team. This is a good way to choose, since the focus would be on the voice, not on their appearance or stage presence. The coaches need to hear that special something in the voice of the artists.

The gospel today is similar. "My sheep know my voice... And they follow me"

We are reminded and challenged. Do we hear God's voice amidst the busyness of everyday life? Do we even recognize and know his voice? Lastly, do we listen?

May we spend time in prayer, sacraments, and scripture so we can know and recognize God's word. It is easier to recognize someone's voice if there is a close relationship. As we try to develop that, as we start to know and recognize his voice, may we be willing to act and follow Him. One with the coaches of the voice, may we say to God - i want you on my team... I want you in my life.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for always making me feel your love. Thank you for your surprises in life that reminds me that you are always watching over me. Lord, i pray that you help me develop a personal and intimate relationship with you, so that i would know and recognize your voice. And as i listen to it, may i also act upon it and follow you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...