Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Clean Inside

  
The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/101513.cfm) reminds me that we should be clean from the inside.

There is a saying that “you are what you eat.” If you eat healthy food, you eventually become healthy. If you eat unhealthy, oily and fatty food, you will become unhealthy, oily and fatty as well. This is because what we take in from outside makes what we are inside, and what we are inside manifests outside as well.

This is what Jesus was talking about. The Pharisees were hypocrites, cleaning the outside appearance but is very dirty inside. Their first manifests outside, when Jesus saw that they were more concerned on the strict observance of the law, rather than learn the real meaning of it through Jesus.

IT is easy to clean the outside, to look clean and beautiful. But may we remember that whatever is inside, whatever we are trying to hide, will eventually be manifested outside.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another holiday. Thank you for another opportunity to rest and spend time with family. Lord, I pray that I always be reminded that what is inside of me will eventually come out. With that, may I work on cleaning the inside of my heart, of my life, rather than work on the things other people readily see. I also pray Lord for all our fellow Filipinos affected bu the earthquake this morning. May we as a nation be one in praying and helping each other out. May this challenge bring out the goodness and the best in us. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...