Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Just Follow God


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/100813.cfm) reminds me how important it is to follow God

Yesterday we see what happened when Jonah tried to run away from God. Today, we see how important following God is. We see in the gospel that when Jonah followed what God was asking him to do, many people repented. Lives were spared. Souls were saved.

When God calls us, there may be questions or doubts on our part. We may be scared to do work for him, especially if it is out of our comfort zone. We may be too lazy to do it, especially if it entails great work from us. We may feel unprepared to do it. But God reminds us that we should just follow him, and he will do the rest… for we do not know what good, especially to others, our working for God would do.

May we be sensitive and ready to do God’s work, and hear the words of Jesus spoken in the gospel – …and she has chosen the better part

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Lord, I am sorry for the times I try to ignore you or just not do your work. I pray that you give me a sensitive heart that would know when you are calling me, and that you give me a heart that would be ready and willing to do your work, with full faith in you as I do so. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...