Friday, October 4, 2013

Indifferent


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/100413.cfm) reminds me of the gospel we had last Sunday about Lazarus and the rich man.

The gospel today is similar to that of last Sunday about Lazarus and the rich man. They both show indifference. The rich mas, even if not explicitly doing bad, is not actively doing good either. He was indifferent to the suffering of Lazarus outside his house, who he could have easily helped out of the riches he has. In today’s gospel, the people Chorzain and Bethsaida, even if mighty things were done to them, were indifferent to Jesus and his message. No act is enough for them. No message is strong enough to disturb them from how comfortably they are living their lives.

May we be challenged by this. Today, we celebrate the Feast of St Francis, may we be reminded that we do not need a lot to live. In choosing to live in poverty, St Francis experienced God’s love, power and generosity everyday. May we be sensitive to the needs of others, and in our own little or big ways, be ambassadors of Christ to them.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another weekend coming up. Lord, I thank you for reminding me how you want me to live my life. I pray that I do not become indifferent both to the needs of others, and to your call for my repentance and my action for your kingdom. May I always be an active worker for your kingdom as I live my life on earth. Amen.

Blessed Weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...