Saturday, October 26, 2013

Last Chance


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/102613.cfm) reminds me that God does not give up on us that easily.

The gospel tells us of the parable of the Barren Fig Tree. The tree doesn’t bear fruit so the owner wants to have it cut down. But the gardener asked the owner to give it one last chance, that the gardener will take it upon himself to do whatever he can – to nourish the ground, water it, and fertilize it. Then if it still doesn’t bear fruit, they he will cut it down.

So what does that mean?

The other night I woke up in the middle of the night, and I felt like it was shaking. Probably it was because of all the news about the Cebu and Bohol earthquake that have struck the country, or I was just having a bad dream. But that time, I felt scared, and I felt I was not ready to meet God. Good thing it was not, and I was given another chance to prepare to meet him.

God does not give up on us easily. Yes, we will eventually have to meet him, but even if we act as if we do not care or do not want him, he does not readily give up on us. Like the gardener, he gives his best in effort in making us feel his love, giving us ways and opportunities to repent of our sins and accept him in our lives. However, we cannot delay forever our meeting with him, and when we finally do, it is up to us if we bear fruit or not, if we will be ready or not.

How is God making his presence alive in my life? What circumstances does he give me to remind me to repent and surrender to Him? who are the people he uses to remind me how I should live me life? God is giving his best to make us repent, to save us… are we responding positively?

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day. Thank you for another opportunity to love you, to repent, and to live for you. Lord, I thank you for not giving up on me easily. I am hard headed and I sin, but you always have the effort to make me change, to make me realize how I should live my life. I pray that I always be sensitive to you, and that I be moved into action…so that when we finally see each other face to face, you will be happy with the fruits of my life. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...