Friday, October 25, 2013

Teach Me


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/102513.cfm) reminds me how important it is to pray and ask God to teach and guide us as we live our lives

In life, learning is very important. It is a continuous process. Learning does not end as we finish school, especially nowadays where technology makes everything accessible. And one of the best ways to learn is to ask someone to teach us.

The first reading reminds us that sometimes, we want to do good, but we actually do otherwise. We love God, yet we still find ourselves sinning and hurting him. in the gospel we see Jesus warning the people – that they can see and understand superficial signs, signs of the world, but are unable to understand spiritual signs. This reminds us that we need to be taught – to know how to live our lives based on how God wants us to.

The Psalmist sums it well – Lord, teach me your statutes. We pray for wisdom and ask God to help us, save us, and guide us as we live our lives on earth.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Lord, I pray that you remind me to pray for wisdom. May I always pray that you be there to guide and teach me. Create a humble and open heart in me, that I may willingly take what you want to give me, and be open as you guide me in living my life. Amen..

Blessed Friday!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...