Thursday, October 17, 2013

God of All


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/101713.cfm) reminds me that God is for all.

When i read the first reading, I was reminded of our Pope, Francis. He is a very welcoming Pope, he is not closing the door to other religions, and even to those without religions. He is very accepting, welcoming and accommodating.

I believe this is what God wants to be.

"Does God belong to Jews alone? Does he not belong to Gentiles, too? Yes, also to Gentiles, for God is one and will justify the circumcised on the basis of faith and the uncircumcised through faith."

We need to be welcoming and understanding, while having a firm grasp on our faith. In welcoming others, it would be easy to be tempted to let go of our Catholic values and unknowingly veer away from the faith. As we reach out to others, and bring others to Him, we should also work hard to strengthen the foundation of our faith, so that we will be strongly anchored on God.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day. Thank you for reminding me the importance of acceptance, openness, and discipleship. Lord, help me strengthen my faith in and relationship with you so that I will be strongly anchored on you as I reach out to others and bring them to you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...