Thursday, October 3, 2013

Harvest


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/100313.cfm) reminds me of the rich harvest we should expect as we work for God.

For a couple of months now, I have been playing the game "Hay Day" wherein you are in charge of planting crops and taking care if animals. One of my favorite parts in the game is when I harvest, be it crops or animal produce. It just feels good to reap the rewards after waiting and doing your part. I believe this is what God is reminding me today.

As we hear and understand God's word, as we read the bible and get to know him more, we should have joy in our hearts, as stated in the first reading and the psalm. And in the gospel we see that knowing should be accompanied by action - that we need to work first before we can harvest for God's kingdom. Yes, the harvest is rich, but we have to do our part and live our faith, work for God.

Just as Christ sent his disciples, he is also sending us. Whatever we do, however big or small we think our contribution may be, what's important is we do our best to help out in God's work. And as we do so, may we have joy in our hearts as we work and wait for harvest time.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for your WORD. I pray that I have a heart that would always be thirsty for your word. May I get nourishment from it, and as i Learn more about you, may I also be moved in proclaiming you to others with joy in my heart as I do so. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...