Friday, November 22, 2013

Do Not Forget


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/112213.cfm) reminds me that we should not forget God

When we need anything, we tend to say anything just to get that. We tend to promise anything just to get that. The more impossible or urgent our need is, the more we are willing to do or say something for it. Some people tend to promise God anything if they will get what they are praying for. However, not all people actually do it, or sustain it, especially after getting what they wanted. That is why it is admirable to know of people who keep their word to God.

In the first reading, we see someone who did not forget God. Judas and his brothers, after winning against their enemies, came to God and thanked and praised Him. they did not allow that success to get into their heads, or neither did they forget to thank God after having success. So should we.

We all have things we are praying for. We all have our concerns, worries, and things we lift up to God. May we never forget to thank Him as we get answered prayers, and may we never stop serving him even if his answer is different from what we want.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another opportunity to know more about you. Lord, I pray that I may never forget to thank you as I get answered prayers. May I never forget you, and may answered prayers move me to love you even more. I also ask that you help me continue serving you even if your answers are different from the way I want. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...