Friday, November 1, 2013

Great Reward


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/110113.cfm) reminds me that there is a great reward waiting for the faithful ones.

When we were small kids, we usually go to the province, in the beach house of my uncle. In that place, you have to go down 150 steps to get to the beach. Of course going down was easy, it is the stairs up that was always the problem. One time i was on the way up and was really tired, then a family friend going up the stairs with me told me to imagine food waiting for me when i reach the top of the stairs. Of course it got me excited and instead of focusing on the pain and hardship of walking up the 150 step stairway, i focused on the imaginary food waiting for me when I get to the top.

This is what I was reminded of in today's readings. Something great is waiting for us, and we should focus on that.

In the first reading it says that those who survived the time of great distress will be rewarded. In the second reading it is said that what even if what will happen to us has not yet been revealed, we should have faith that we will be like Jesus. And in the gospel, Jesus assures us that despite of the hardships and challenges we experience in this world as we follow him, we will be rewarded in heaven.

As we celebrate the solemnity of all saints, may we be inspired that as we continually work for God, we will certainly be rewarded, like the saints.  Something great is waiting for us, so we should be one with the psalmist in saying that we too, long to see God's face and enjoy our reward.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another holiday. Thank you for reminding me that something great is waiting for me. Lord I pray that I be inspired by the Saints and continue to live my life in love and service of you, expecting you to bless and reward me when we see each other i heaven. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...