Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Excuses


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/110513.cfm) reminds me that we give God a lot of excuses in our lives.

In the gospel we see the parable of the great feast. The master invited a lot of people but they all declined. They have a lot of excuses not to go to the feast. Though they seem valid, it shows that going to the feast was given less importance in their lives.

In our lives, something similar is happening. God is clear how he wants us to live our lives. God is clear on what he wants us to do. We see that in the first reading. However, like the original guests, we give him excuses for not doing these things. "Lord, I will love others when I have more time. Lord, I will help others when I have more resources. Lord I will serve you when I retire from work. Lord, i will forgive others after i have gotten back at them. Lord, I will start praying more, going to mass, go to confession tomorrow, next week, next month, or next year. We all have excuses for not doing what God wants.

May we be challenged and moved as we hear today's Word.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another gift. Thank you for another opportunity to live for you. I am sorry for all the excuses I give you. May I be moved as I am challenged today. Help me Lord. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...