Thursday, November 7, 2013

I Am Special


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/110713.cfm) reminds me that I am special in God's eyes.

All of us wants to feel loved. All of us wants to feel special. All of us wants to be important. However, not all of us feel that way. People around us does not necessarily make us feel that way. But in the gospel, Jesus himself tells us that we are.

In just the same way, I tell you, there will be rejoicing among the angels of God over one sinner who repents.”

Wow. One sinner. That is me. Imagine how many people are in this world, yet heaven rejoices over me. That's how special and important I am. That's how special and important you are.

No matter how normal we may feel, or no matter how unimportant we may feel or others may make us feel, we are reminded that we are important in God's eyes. He reaches to each and everyone of us in a personal way, in a way only you and Him can understand. And every time we repent, every time we try to do God's will, every time we surrender to God, heaven rejoices!

May we always remember how special and important we are in God's eyes.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another reminder that i am special in your eyes, that I am important in your eyes. Lord, I pray that I see myself as you see me - special, important and capable of doing good. And as i do so, I ask that you help me repent and live for you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...