Saturday, November 9, 2013

In God's Time


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/110913.cfm) reminds me how perfectly God works

There are times in our lives when we do not understand what is happening. There are times we question if God is really watching over us, or if God really has a plan for us. We cannot seem to imagine that there is indeed a perfect plan for us, given the current situation we are in. The gospel today reminds us to just trust and have faith in God.

The gospel tells us the story of when Jesus got mad at those selling in the temple area. Probably it was the first time the disciples saw Jesus angry. Then when Jesus told the people that he will rebuild the temple in three days, probably they too did not understand what he meant. Maybe they just took it as it is, or probably they did not take it seriously since Jesus was angry and they thought his emotions just led him to say those things. Or maybe, they were wondering what he really meant, but was just too afraid to ask an angry man. However, whatever the disciples felt or were thinking during that time, we saw that when Jesus was raised from the dead, the disciples remembered this incident and understood what Jesus really meant.

We should have faith.

Even if we do not understand what is happening in our lives, even if we have a lot of questions or concerns, even If the future seems uncertain, we just need to have faith that in God’s perfect time, we will understand things, and he always has the best plan for us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the reminder and the assurance that you got my back. Lord, I am sorry for the times I doubt, I question or I am impatient. Sorry for letting my feelings take over my faith. Especially now with what is happening in the Philippines, Lord, I pray that you help me increase my faith, for I know that in your perfect time, everything will make sense. Be with us always, and help us, Lord. May our faith and spirit not be dampened, but be strengthened as we hold on to you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...