Friday, January 17, 2014

Faith Of Friends


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/011714.cfm) reminds me how important the faith of others in our lives is.

Friends are important and influential in our lives. There is a saying that goes “Tell me who your friends are, and I will tell you who you are” And in many cases this is true. They say that in romantic love, opposites attract, but with friends, you usually have those whose values and attitude are same as yours. That is why in the gospel, the man is blessed to have friends whose faith is similar to him.

The man cannot do anything on his own to get to Jesus. He is paralyzed. However, his friends also had faith in Jesus, and brought the man to Jesus using the roof. Yes, that faith, that is willing to do the unusual to get to Jesus.

Let us take a look at our friends. Do we have friends that would do the same – go out of their way to bring us to Jesus? Do we have friends whose faith is similar, or even greater, than ours? Or are we the kind of friends that would bring others to Jesus, and be willing to do crazy things out of faith in God?

May we be inspired to be like the friends of the paralyzed man, and choose friends who would bring us closer to Jesus.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another weekend coming up. Lord, I pray that you give me people in my life that will bring me closer to you. Also, may I be the kind of friend that will bring others to Christ. Use my faith in you to bless and heal others around me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...