Monday, January 20, 2014

Totally New


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/012014.cfm) reminds me that God wants us to be totally new.

In the gospel we see a familiar lesson – Jesus tells us that old and new do not match. If you put them together, they will both be ruined. Old patch to old cloth. New wine to new wineskins. They cannot mix. This reminds us that God wants us to be totally new, to fully accept the gift of new life, of new self, of new beginnings.

God gives us a fresh start everyday. As we live for Christ, he gives us a new self (2 Corinthians 5:17) – a self that is released from the bondage of sin and death. However, it is not that easy to embrace the new self because it takes us out of our comfort zone. In another verse it says that not all want the new – and no man having drunk old wine wants new, for he says, the old is better (Luke 5:39). Change is not easy for it usually takes us out of the normal, the comfort zone. But God wants us to change – for the better, and he wants us not to look back at our old lives and our old selves as we embrace the new self, the new life he is giving us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another week. Lord, thank you for another opportunity to do my best in work for you. Lord, I pray that I may accept my new self, my new beginning, everyday. May I make the most out of it. Help me live it, and may I not be tempted to look back to my old self, to my old life, Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...