Monday, January 13, 2014

Follow Him?

  
The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/011314.cfm) asks me if I am willing to follow Jesus.

In the gospel we see the disciples doing what they do in life when Jesus called them. They were not in a retreat nor contemplating what they want in life. They were working, minding their nets and boats as they were fishermen. Yet when Jesus called them, they all left everything and followed Christ.

Tayo rin, ganun.

All of us are doing what we do. Work. Study. Business. And like in the gospel, Jesus is calling us. He is not necessarily telling us to leave everything and follow Him, but as we mind our own business, he comes in expected and unexpected ways, and calls us to follow him - by doing what is right, by respecting others, by acting out of and living a life full of love.

May we never be too busy and too focused to notice him calling us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another week. Thank you for another chance to live life for you. Lord, as I go about my daily duties, may I be sensitive to ways you are calling me to follow you, and may I have the heart and desire to act as such. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...