Thursday, January 9, 2014

He Loved You First


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/010914.cfm) reminds me that God loved us first.

An excerpt of the first reading:
Beloved, we love God because he first loved us

We cannot claim that we love God more than he loves us. No matter what we do, even if we are full time workers of God, we cannot claim we love God more than he loves us. Our actions toward him is just a natural reaction of the love we have been getting from Him. He loved us first, and in another verse it adds on, that "while we were still sinners, he loved us first". God did not base his love for us from our actions or how we would respond. He simply loved us first.

We may have insecurities in life. We may have a lot of problems. We may sometimes feel unloved. This verse tells us how loved and how special we are. May we always remember this, may we allow God to continue to do this, and may this move us to repay God and love and serve him more.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for loving me first. Thank you that you don't love me based on how I will react or repay you, but instead, you love me unconditionally, regardless if I will love you back or not. Lord, I will allow you to love me. And I pray that as I feel your love for me, that it grows on me and encourage me to love you more. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...