Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Off to Pray


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/010814.cfm) reminds me how important prayer is.

As we started 2014, a lot made resolutions. Eat right. Exercise. Be focused in work. Be driven. Be kinder to others. But did we ever give prayer a thought? Do we want to develop a deeper love for prayer, or are we contented with our current state.

In the gospel, after feeding the five thousand and teaching them, I'm sure Jesus was tired. However, he did not just sleep and rested. He went to the mountain to pray. That is how important prayer is for him. It sustains him. It keeps him focused on the task.

As we live our lives, we are busy with a lot of things. Deadlines. Deliverables. Quotas. Presentations. It's good to be busy and do our best, but may we never forget to pray. No matter what we do, may we have a heart for prayer and may we have the desire to always pray so God can continue to sustain us and keep us focused.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the gift of prayer. Lord, I pray that you give me a heart that longs for prayer. May I desire it like I desire air. May my day be incomplete without it. No matter how busy I am, even if I am doing your work, I pray that you give me the wisdom and energy to create time for prayer. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...