Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Here I Am


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/011514.cfm) reminds me how important it is to know and be familiar with God's voice.

The first reading tells us of the story of the young Samuel being called by God. He was called three times before he was told by Eli how to answer, that it was the Lord calling him. At that time Samuel was still young and did not know the Lord yet. He does not  have a relationship with God yet, so he did not recognize his voice.

This can happen to us as well. If we do not know God's voice, we will not hear him even if he calls us always. If we are not familiar with his voice, no matter how persistent he is, we will not recognize him. We need to develop a relationship with him so we can be familiar with his voice.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for the reminder of how important it is to know your voice. Thank you for not giving up on me even if I don’t recognize your voice. May I work on developing my relationship with you so I will know when you are calling me. May your voice always be loud and clear and understandable in my life. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...