Monday, January 27, 2014

Faithful


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/012714.cfm) reminds me that God is faithful and will always be with us as we respond to his call

Last week we saw the story of David, how he was called, anointed, and said yes to God. He was a young shepherd, inexperienced in leadership and battles, yet God called him and used him mightily – first to bring down Goliath, then eventually to be king. We are assured and reminded through David’s story that God indeed equips those who respond yes to his call, and he is faithful to guiding those who serve him.

My faithfulness and mercy shall be with him

In the first reading we see that David grew steadily more powerful, for the Lord was with him. indeed, God did not leave him hanging. God was faithful to helping David, as David was faithful to serving God. If God calls us to do something, especially if it is something big that we are overwhelmed and inexperienced with, it is good to be reminded that like with David, as long as we say yes and are faithful to serving Him, he will also be faithful to us, and make sure we will be able to do great things for his name.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another week! Thank you for another opportunity to love and serve you, to glorify you through my work. Lord, I am thankful for your faithfulness. Thank you that as I am doing my best to serve you, that as I say yes to you, I know that you will always be there to help me, to guide me – I know that you will equip me to do your work, and I know that I will do great things as I glorify your name. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...