Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Arrogance


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/022614.cfm) reminds me that we should be cautious not to be arrogant before God.

Yesterday, we see that God wants us to be childlike. Today, it further emphasizes it. All of us have plans for our lives. Some carefully plot out their schedules, their career track, and even their personal and family lives. We have goals we want to achieve and reach by a certain time or age. Some do their best to stick to their plans and schedules, making sure that every decision and action go according to plan and will contribute to their end goal. However, we are reminded today that no matter how well, beautiful and organized our plans may be, God’s plan supersedes ours.

We are creatures of God, and sometimes we forget that. We get so  caught up with fame, power and success that we think we can have everything we put our minds into. We get arrogant with God and put him in the backseat, feeling that with what we have and with our great plan, we can conquer the world. Probably in some aspects, yes. But it is God who knows what will happen to us, and it is only he who knows when to call us back – with which all our worldly plans and goals will be discontinued.

God has great things in store for us. He loves us. And we should do the best we can to be successful and to achieve greatness for Him. However, we should not forget him. we should always include him in the planning process. We should be open to his plans for us, especially when his does not coincide with ours. We should learn to be humble and submit to his, because ultimately, it is his plans that will be implemented, and because with one blink of an eye, he can call us back, and all our plans are gone forever.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live and work. Lord, I am sorry for being caught up in the world. Sorry for the times I plan on my own, and I plan for myself. Sorry for not including you in the planning process, and in my plans. Lord, give me a humble heart. May I not be arrogant and may I always remember who am I and who you are. amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...