Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Childlike


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/022514.cfm) reminds me that God wants us to be childlike.

Most of the time, we want things to be in order. When we have a project or a big task, we want things to always go according to schedule, according to plan. We want things to be smooth, and we do our best to keep it that way – that things be on track. However, it does not happen all the time. Things do not always go as planned, no matter how badly we want it to be, no matter how hard we try. This is when God wants us to be childlike and just rely on him.

We cannot control a lot of things in the world. However what we can control is how we react to it. They say all the water in the world cannot sink a ship, unless it gets inside of it. In the same way, all the stress, pressure and challenges cannot bring us down if we do not let it in. how do we prevent it from weighing us down? We should be childlike. We should be trusting and dependent on God. We should have full faith in God.

In the gospel, we see Jesus telling us that he wants us to be childlike. The first reading complements it, when we see that God wants us to humble ourselves before God. He wants us to submit to him. Things may not always go according to our plan, but God wants to tell us that it will always go according to his. so we just have to be like a child, trusting in his Father – knowing that his Father only has the best for him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another day to experience your love. Lord, I pray that I have a heart like a child. I pray that I have faith like a child. A lot of times things does not go the way I want it to, but I know that it is always according to the way you want it to, so I just put my faith and trust in you and your great plans for me. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...