Sunday, February 9, 2014

Shine Bright


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/020914.cfm) reminds me that God wants me to shine bright and give him the honor and glory.

An excerpt of the gospel says:

Just so, your light must shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your heavenly Father

God wants us to shine bright, to excel, and to achieve things. However, he wants us not to lose focus on Him and enjoy the worldly benefits of shining bright. Rather, he wants us to give back all the glory to God.

As we work for God, it is easier to serve him. Especially if we are part of a community. However, what is in the heart is not always evident. We can serve him, we can do things for Him, but with the intention of glorifying ourselves - wanting applause, affirmation and recognition for our service to God. Some are just full of themselves as they serve God. Today, we are reminded to keep things in perspective and serve God to glorify God, not ourselves.

May we pray for a clean and pure heart as we serve him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another Sunday. Lord, I pray that you give me a pure heart as I serve you. May my intentions always be to serve and glorify you, not myself. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...