Thursday, February 20, 2014

Quick Shift


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/022014.cfm) reminds me that if we are not careful with our hearts, it is easy to change from being good to otherwise.

In the gospel we see a quick shift – from Peter answering correctly who Jesus is, to being called Satan by Jesus after. This reminds me that we should not be overconfident with our faith, because it is very easy to be tempted by the enemy. The good works we have done, all the service to God, and all the things we do for God do not guarantee that we will not sin anymore, thus should not make us overconfident. We have to strive to be good children of God - all the time, in the little and big ways.

In the first reading, we see this in action. Sometimes, even when we are in church, we get tempted and distracted. We may subconsciously judge a person based on things – appearance, social status, background, etc – something that God does not want us to do. All of us are children of God, and he wants us to be like him, judging from the heart, and not by what one sees.

Father God
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Thank you for loving me that enables me to love others back. Lord, I pray that I always have the heart for you, to love and serve you. Help me also to not be overconfident with my relationship with you. may I always be aware and consciously do good and try to improve and strengthen our relationship. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...