Monday, February 24, 2014

Faith and Unbelief


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/022414.cfm) reminds me that God honours our faith, no matter how little it may be.

Sharing an excerpt from the gospel:

“But if you can do anything, have compassion on us and help us” Jesus said to him, “If you can! Everything is possible to one who has faith.” Then the boy’s father cried out, “I do believe, help my unbelief!”

In life, there are times we feel the same way. Sometimes we are pushed against the wall and feel we cannot do anything anymore. We sometimes let the obvious overwhelm us, and we feel that even God cannot do anything about the situation. However, today’s conversation is a very inspiring one.

God reminds us that everything is possible to one who has faith. Everything. Healing. Happiness. Forgiveness. Peace. Freedom. Love. No situation is too serious and hopeless that God’s power cannot overcome it. Everything is possible, even if the world or logic tells us no.

Good news! God has faith in us. Yes, he does. In the gospel, we see that the father had little faith. However, God has faith in us! His faith makes our little faith strong. His faith enables our faith to be powerful and effective. It is his faith in us that complements our little faith. He honours our little faith – that enables big miracles to happen.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another week. Thank you for another opportunity to love and serve you. thank you for another opportunity to use and grow my faith. Lord, I thank you for having faith in me, and for honouring my little faith. Thank you for being patient and loving. I pray that you help me increase my faith in you. Amen.

Blessed week!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...