Friday, February 21, 2014

Faith and Work

  
The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/022114.cfm) reminds me that faith and work go hand in hand

The first reading today says that “faith without works is dead.” May seem harsh at first glance, but if we take a closer look at it, we know that it is true. Faith alone is not enough. love alone is not enough. it should be lived. It should be shown by actions. it should be accompanied by works.

The first reading shows us an example – Abraham sacrificing his only son Isaac. Yes, we all know he loves God and is a good child of God. But he further proved his love for God by his actions. he had faith in God, and he demonstrated that faith by being willing to sacrifice his only son. He of course did not want to lose his son, but he had faith in God’s plans and goodness, that he was willing to do what God wanted him to do. in the gospel we see how Jesus expects us to show him that we want to be his disciples – to take up our cross and follow him. Professing with our lips is not enough. Jesus wants us to concretize it by our actions.

As we live our lives, we get a lot of opportunities to live our faith. With the recent calamities, a lot of people felt bad for the victims. But God does not want us to just feel bad and sorry about them. He wants us to act as well. Help in whatever way we can. Concretize our faith. It is when we act, when we concretize our faith, that God’s love becomes more alive through us.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another Friday! Lord, I thank you for the gift of faith. I pray that I may be able to live my faith daily. May my actions show how much I love you. use me Lord, use my life, use my actions, so that in my own little way, your love may be more alive in this world. Amen..

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflection:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...