Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Slowly but Surely


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/021914.cfm) reminds me that more than the speed, what matters in our journey of faith is our persistence to stay on track.

In the gospel, we see Jesus healing a blind person. However, unlike usual miracles, it did not take one action to completely heal the man. Does this mean Jesus power is not enough? of course not! he resurrects even the dead. I believe this just means that as we journey in life and in faith, each will have different experiences and will go on a different pace, but what’s important is we keep walking in the right path. Like the man in the gospel who did not get frustrated when he did not immediately get healing, we too should just persevere in faith. It is okay to be slow, what’s important is we start and we act. The same way that Jesus touched the man the second time, he too is patient with us, gently guiding and supporting us with our pace, and making sure we have the support and encouragement we need as we walk the right path.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Thank you for the reminders you constantly send me. Lord, I pray that I be able to consistently walk in the right path. No matter how slow my pace may be, I have faith that it will eventually lead me to be with you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...