Wednesday, February 5, 2014

No Faith


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/020514.cfm) reminds me that having no faith in God limits his power over us.

Yesterday, we see the importance and power of faith. Today, we see the effects of not having faith in God. The people in his native place knew Jesus – from the time he was born, when he was growing up, and they even knew his parents. So for them, seeing him as Christ is very difficult. For them, Jesus was an ordinary person, one just like them. This lack of faith, this hardness of heart, limited what God can do to them.

“So he was not able to perform any mighty deed there, apart from curing a few sick people by laying his hands on them. He was amazed at their lack of faith”

If we do not have faith in Jesus, if we do not come to him, we cannot receive his graces and healing. He will not and cannot force himself to us, so he will just continue loving us, and wait until we love him back, until we humbly come to him, until we ask for his healing, his mercy, his forgiveness. Only then can we really experience in a personal and intimate way God in our lives.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Thank you for all the blessings. Lord, I pray for faith. Increase my faith. Help me trust in you more. May I be humble and come to you for healing, for love, for forgiveness. As I do so, I know you will reward me for my faith. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...