Thursday, February 13, 2014

Not As Expected


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/021314.cfm) reminds me how we should act when things does not go as expected.

Yesterday, I was reminded of how we should act and live to enable God to act in our lives. However, things does not always go the way we want it to. Things is not always happy, or positive, but our attitude should not change.

As I shared yesterday, “If we win, we praise Him, if we lose, we still praise him. Either way, we’re giving God the glory” Today, we see a woman live this – continue trusting and having faith in God even if things did not seem to go her way.

Jesus seemed to reject her request and even compared her to a dog. However, she did not get mad at Jesus for not immediately granting her the request. she did not have the sense of entitlement that Jesus should honor her faith. Instead, she humbled herself, while staying strong in faith. She did not go away, instead, she humbly persisted in what she wanted. Then Jesus gave her what she requested.

In our lives, we experience this as well. There are times when our prayers seem to go unanswered. Worse, we feel God ignoring us or that God’s favour is not upon us. However, we are encouraged to be like the woman – continue to have faith even if we don’t get what we want. Continue to love and serve God. Continue to trust God. Continue to praise and glorify God. Things may not go our way, but we must remember that it will always go his way.

Father God,
Thank you for today. thank you for another day to live. Thank you for another opportunity to become a better version of myself. Lord, I pray that you give me a heart like the woman. May I always be humble towards you, and may my faith, my love, my trust in you not change even if I don’t get what I want. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...