Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Of Lips and Hearts


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/021114.cfm) reminds me that lip service is very different from service from the heart.

It is easy to say we love God. It is easy to say we want to live a life pleasing to him. It is easy to say we love our neighbour. It is easy to speak with our lips. That is why God wants more from us. God wants us to speak with our actions, rooted from the heart.

This people honors me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me

God wants us to live a consistent life - with our words and actions saying the same thing. We can't say good things but act otherwise. Our actions should always support our words. And our words should always be rooted in the love of God in our hearts.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Thank you for all the blessings you give me. Lord, I pray that you help me live a consistent life. May my words be always consistent with my actions, for i know that my actions determine where my heart is. May it always rest in you. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...