Saturday, September 21, 2013

Destined for Greatness


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/092113.cfm) reminds me that everyone is destined for greatness.

There is a saying that “Every saint has a past, every sinner has a future” As we celebrate today the Feast of saint Matthew, we know that this saying is true. In the gospel, we see his past – a sinner. He was a tax collector. Hated by society. Probably he would have lived and died that way of Jesus did not come to the picture, if Jesus did not give him the chance to fulfil his destiny – greatness in God’s eyes.

God does not stop having faith in us, so should we. God does not stop giving us opportunities to become saints, no matter how sinful we currently are of how sinful we may have been. God does not look at our past, but sees our future, what we can become, what we are destined to be if we cooperate with him. In the same way, we are also asked not to judge and not to give up on others, and also see in them what they can become – saints.

May we remember that we are all destined for greatness in God’s eyes, no matter how sinful we are. we just need to heed God’s call and cooperate with his plans so we can fulfil our destiny.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another weekend. Thank you for reminding me that I am destined for greatness. Thank you for not looking at my sin, but seeing what I am destined to be. Lord, I pray that you cleanse me and enable me to see myself the way you see me. Enable me to see others the way you see us. May I be open and empty myself, and cooperate with your plans so I can achieve what I was meant to be. Amen.

Blessed weekend!

In Christ,
-g-

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...