Friday, September 13, 2013

Imperfect


The WORD today (see http://usccb.org/bible/readings/091313.cfm) reminds me that we too are sinners and are very imperfect.

Last sunday, I saw my high school basketball coach, and it was nice because even after 10 years he still remembers me. I remember back then that he was the coach i really respected. He knows his craft and was generous with his knowledge. He was also strict - he would constantly remind us how to play the game if we want to win. Then one time i watched him play basketball, and though basically he does what he teaches us, like us, he still makes mistakes inside the court.

This reminds me of the gospel. We make mistakes too - sometimes bigger than what we see in other people.

It is easy to find fault in others. It is easy to see the wrong they do, and how they should have done things or how they can improve. However, it is not easy to see our own mistakes. We always look at others without bothering to look first at ourselves. Probably because of self defense, or insecurity that we find fault in others first. But God wants us to look first within ourselves, and realize how imperfect we are before we try to correct and help others.

Change should start in us, and because we ourselves are imperfect too, we should be the change we want to see in the world.

Blessed Friday!

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you it's Friday already! Lord, I pray that i may never fail to look in the mirror first. May i not forget that I am a sinner, and imperfect too. May i not be too focused on finding fault in others in the hope of hiding my own faults and insecurities. Move me Lord that i first change myself before i help out others. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-



No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...