Monday, September 30, 2013

Intention


The WORD today (See http://usccb.org/bible/readings/093013.cfm) reminds me that God sees the intention of our hearts.

I watched a movie years back titled “What women want” in where the main character had this ability to know the thoughts of women, even without them telling him or even talking to him. In today’s gospel, we see that Jesus had this power too, just greater. He was able to discern the intention of his disciples when they came to him and asked him who was the greatest.

It is easy to trick people into believing us to be someone else. It is easy to hide the real intentions and motives of our actions. it is easy to build a good reputation. However, with God, this is not the case. He knows the intentions of our hearts. As we pray and talk to him, he sees beyond the prayers and the words, and really knows what our hearts contain.

AS we start the week, may we be reminded that we cannot hide anything from God, and as such, be challenged to have a pure heart, to have good intentions as we live our lives. God sees us inside out, so may we be moved to follow his words and be like children – least in the world, helpless and powerless, but great in the eyes of God as we admit our nothingness and totally depend on Him.

Father God,
Thank you for today. Thank you for another day to live. Lord, I pray that you purify me. Purify my thoughts. Purify my motives. Purify my heart. As I start another week, may my intentions always be for your greater glory, and may I always remember to completely depend on you in everything I do. Amen.

Blessed day!

In Christ,
-g-

Ps
See related reflections:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Christ is Risen!

The WORD today reminds me that  Christ is Risen and has won over sin and death. The gospel tells us different accounts/stories about Christ’...